Sunday, May 10, 2009

Global Missions...ARE YOU PLUGGED IN YET?

As most of you know, I have led a very successful career in marketing for the past 15 years. However, all the money and all the success in the world did not bring the inner joy that I desired. Over the last six years, I have used my vacation time and personal resources to go on mission trips to Mexico, Honduras, Guatemala, Colombia, and Uganda, Africa. I have felt God calling me to the mission field for a very long time. However, I was really scared to take the great leap of faith required to become a missionary. It required me to simplify my life and leave a very successful and lucrative career behind. So, I resisted and did what I could to appease that divine call to the mission field by going as often as my career allowed. I knew in my heart that it wasn't enough. 

Even though I resisted, He didn't give up on me. He gave me the opportunity to serve Him in Cartagena, Colombia. I was there from June 13-20 in 2008. Many of you supported me with your prayers and I cannot thank you enough. Our team felt lifted in prayer during our entire trip and everything went smoothly. I saw many great things and many miracles happen right before my eyes. During our evangelism campaign in the barrios of Ciudadela Dos Mil, Arjona, Villa Hermosa, and a few others in Cartagena, we saw over 300 people accept Christ. Did I mention there were only 10 people on my team? On top of that, I personally had the opportunity to lead approximately 200 children to Christ at the local school in Arjona. 

This was not part of our plan, but it was definitely part of His perfect plan. 

On this trip, I received the confirmation of His call. He has called me to the mission field. Everything I have learned and experienced until now has been in perfect preparation for the plan and purpose He had for me. I love to travel. I love different cultures and people. I have a love for the diverse languages of the world. But above all, I have a passion for Christ and for bringing his gift of salvation and message to world. It gives me tremendous pleasure to see His hand at work through me as I watch him change lives and make disciples. 

This is my passion… this is my calling…this is where you come in… 

I need you to be part of my support team. The most important part of your job is prayer! I need your prayer support. The entire team, the ministry, and I need to be lifted in prayer. Ask the Lord to go before us and prepare the hearts of those that will hear the message we will bring. Pray that we are able to completely empty ourselves and be filled with His Spirit and allow Him to work through us.

Your support is also needed to help fund my ministry. I place my trust in the Lord to provide for my financial needs through the generous gifts of people just like you! Some invest $100, $50 or $35 a month in our ministry. Others give a special gift of $100, $250 or more from time to time. I ask that you prayerfully consider joining my support team and give as the Lord leads you. No amount is too small and I assure you that He will bless it and multiply it! Let Him lead you when deciding the amount. 

Why am I asking for your help? 

If I just pay the whole thing myself, I am denying others the opportunity to get plugged in. 
It has been said that when it comes to missions we have three possibilities: 

GO, SEND, or DISOBEY.

Not all will or can go. Sending is done through financial and prayer support. Most church-going Christians in America do not know where their missions dollars go or what they are used for. This is an opportunity for you to know exactly where and how your donations will be making an impact. The payback for this investment will be seen in heaven as people from every tribe, tongue, and nation gather together at Jesus' feet in worship.
Want to be a part of what God is doing?  Will you commit to pray or support through a financial gift?  
Contact me: nancyhueske@gmail.com

No comments: