Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Let's catch up on 2008...




As most of you know, I am fairly new to this blogging phenomenon.  But I figure it is time to get with the program since everyone else is doing it...

Hopefully, this will make it easier for all of you to keep up with my adventures and to continue to pray for my ministry in  missions.

This year has been a blessed year.  

In June 2008, I was able to go to Colombia with a team from Winnsboro, Texas.  We served in Cartagena, Colombia.  We had the privilege of putting on a VBS for the children in Ciudadela 2000 and in Arjona.  We also worshipped in the newly planted church in Villa Hermosa.  The people of Colombia were very open to receive the word of God.  We had a pretty amazing group of individuals!  God totally blessed us during our time there!

Then in August 2008, I served in Jalaca, Honduras.  A team from My church (Fellowship Church) went down and spent a week onsite at the New Life Orphan Home.  It was one of the toughest weeks.  The conditions were pretty crazy...but the children were so amazing.  There are so many stories to tell.  I will have to go back and cover some of those stories individually because I need to ask for prayer on a lot of them.

Then in September 2008, God made one of my biggest dreams come true.  I went to Africa.  Those who know me well know that my heart has always desired to travel to Africa.  That was my dream...but God's dream was sooooo much bigger than mine!  He took me to Africa with a mission...with His purpose...it was awesome.  I will share more details about this trip in a separate post.  More to come...



No comments: